View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #18672
ibafran
villagidiot

Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
Hmmm... that might not be a fail. Assuming the one on the other side is similarly aimed, he might have adjusted it such that it lights the road when at maximum lean. Not very sophisticated but could be effective on twisties after dark.
This. I have a pair of el cheapo's mounted and aimed as such. I swear, some bike manufacturers do not test after dark in the twisties. Perhaps govts legislate what lights must be without thought to what it does to bikes? Thus, BMW had to go to the fancy gyroscopic headlight. And I will bet that light has limitations too?

Mine got mounted after several near-collisions with joggers, bicyclists, and debris in corners. Joggers are on a parr with road kill for being brain dead.

The cut-off light spread on my bike is so severe that most regulatory roads signs are not reflected. Dipping the bike into acorner, I get maybe 8 feet of pavement showing in front of me. Forget seeing any pedestrians, bicyclists, etc mid-corner.