View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Nihon Newbie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warney View Post
I've used a piece of dowel rod and hot melt glued it to the valve, worked fine. This guy has the mojo going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhXsH12Rg6s
Ha! I watched that same video earlier. I've been on Youtube most of the day going between watching F1, and researching all the stuff I need to do to my engine. So awesome being able to look and watch people doing it, instead of just reading about it.

News: My cylinder showed up in the mail today, but unfortunately, it is not an OEM part. This was not made clear in the listing, so I'm pretty pissed. I suppose I could re-sell it, but since it's not a factory-available part anyway, I guess I'm back to square 1 on the head gasket dilemma. The one that came with the eBay cylinder is of very different construction from the one I pulled out of the motor. There is no lip that seats down into the coolant jacket, and there is no fiber layer on the outside whatsoever. I'm not one to deal with parts misrepresentation lightly, so I'm kind of freaking out again.

I guess I'll be back in contact with Gaskets to Go over in Thailand, as I have read about many a satisfied customer of his, after they had him custom make 1-off head gaskets for their bikes...

I was so stoked earlier, thinking I would be riding this weekend...
Nihon Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote