View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Twisted Adventures OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Alright, so there arenít any pics of the adventure, but here are some of the aftermath.

To answer DurtKlodís question, I was wearing Thor 50/50 boots. And yes DurtKlod, avoid them at all costs! Despite the manufacturerís claim that they offer adequate protection and are good for Dual Sport riding, I can attest first hand that they are not. They offered no ankle protection what so ever. I donít imagine any other manufacturerís short boot would have done any better. I WILL NEVER WEAR A SHORT BOOT AGAIN! I donít recommend that any of you do either. When Iím able to ride again, Iím investing in some tall boots made of Kevlar, Adamantium, and what ever military grade bomb-proof material I can find. On a serious note, can anyone out there suggest/vouch for a good comfortable riding boot with good anti-rotational ankle support? Because Iím only 2 and a half weeks into my estimated 6 weeks recovery, and Iíve already decided that Iíd pretty much rather be shot in the head, than go through this again. This really sucks!

So below are the results of my unintended Thor 50/50 crash test. Learn from my pain fellow adventurers.
!WARNING! You may not want to look at these if youíve eaten recently. (or ever)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]