View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #221
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 481
Baker

Whistler was a blast, but I still had a cooler full of fish and the dry ice was long gone. Driving through Vancouver sucked, the traffic was horrible. It was a huge change after all the time in the woods and reminded me of my dark days commuting to the DTC (cubicle hell aka Denver Tech Center). I got sick of it, told the rat to hop in the passengerís seat and I hopped in the HOV lane. It was a good move too, I saved a ton of time. Not that you should do that sort of thing of course.

The boarder was quick and easy with the first grocery store as the next stop. After purchasing the deadly dry ice banned by our brothers in the north, it was time to decide where to rider for another day. The area around Mount Baker was the most logical area. Without knowing of anything in particular, I headed off on a side road and looked for a camp spot.

There was a nice pull-off across from a campground on a little road gated off by a logging company. I unloaded the bike, cooked up some food and called it a night.

The next day I headed out with no destination in mind. Just out to see what could be seen, taking little side-roads and off-shoots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was in no hurry, just loving life and the ride. I also found a little single line to check out, marked by this little sign (sorry about the blurry picture). After that I almost got stuck at the bottom of a slick little downhill. The rear tire I was using was not ideal and it took a try or two to make it back up. And after that there were plenty of other little side-roads to explore.

Photobucket

While pulling over to smell the roses here and there and stare at waterfalls too, but no chasing them mind you.

Photobucket

SPREAD THE WORD, SAVE OUR SPORT!!
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote