View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
duncanmac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Electronic Cruise Control

My R1200RT came standard with an electronic cruise control, a feature I very much appreciated on the open road. It was a significant disappointment that BMW do not have this as an option on the GSA.

HOWEVER, a number of my fellow BMW Club members spoke glowingly, and pointed me in the direction, of www.mccruise.com which a) happens to make electronic cruise controls for the GSA as well as quite a number of other bikes; b) will fit for a fee c) are located within fifteen minutes of home. Google searching revealed that these guys sell around the world and, surprisingly for a small Australian outfit, seem to be the go-to guys globally for after-market motorcycle cruise controls.

I dropped the bike off on Monday morning and collected it that evening. Great chaps to deal with. The fitting is neatly and professionally done and it works like a charm. They do sell the kit alone and say that anyone who is reasonably competent in reading and basic wrenching can fit it themselves in six to seven hours, which is what some of my club mates have done.

It was not cheap, weighing in at a fraction over A$1,500 fitted, but I know that when laying down the miles across the USA, I will consider it money well spent.

http://www.macofmelbourne.com/photos...-the-bike.html

(One day I will learn how to post pics in the thread. Until then, a link to my webpage will have to suffice. Sorry :-( )
duncanmac is offline   Reply With Quote