View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #4145
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
Actually it was the fuel tank, but not because it was expanding. The side plastic panels, has some screws that are anchored with nuts embedded in the ABS tank. The nuts spun and the dealer had to destroy the side panels to replace the tank. Out of commission for 3 weeks even tho they had the tank in stock, panels had to be ordered.

Bottom line, I had a trip planned to Alaska, and I lost confidence in the Multi12 long distance. But I have still missed it on occasion, can not justify 2 bikes. Tank range was another factor, the extra range did come into play on the trip to Alaska.
Actually, the tank expanding is what caused the nuts to spin. DAMHIK....

But but but.....you lost confidence in the MTS12 because your dealer broke your tank panels? Any dealer that would knowingly break something on a bike without having the replacement part on hand should be flogged....or was it an emergency and there was a little baby bird trapped under the tank and it was going "cheep cheep cheep" with it's dying breath and they just HAD to get it out....

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote