View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #4153
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,472
All you had to do was cut the wires and re-connect again. Easy, you would have no issue with fairings and would still enjoy the Multi.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
I lost confidence, because of being unable to DIY install of mirrors with turn signals so I could replace the flimsy and now broken handguards. I had to take it in, as I could not get the panels off. Red thread locker applied at the factory. The turn signals plug in behind the airbox which is under the tank along with the heated grips plug.

I could have gotten kit to replace the embedded nuts (they glue into pockets on the tank), but the bike was under warranty, so I took to dealer. 200+ miles away and working under a 2 week backlog of work. 2 trips, over 3 weeks.

Now I am just talking about what happened to my bike, I will not mention what is going on with some others. I think you all know what I am talking about. Like BMW, the DUC comes with some dealer help required and extended warranty is recommended. My S10 has been out of warranty since July 27th. Hmmmm.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote