View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #33
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,214
for those of you that are actually planning on reading this - I apologize.....I got hit with a cold and eating chicken soup and playing video games have been my priority for the past few days.

ANYWAYS....

We were in Rosarito Beach for two days on a Groupon that we had purchased online. It was $200 for two nights including two one hour massages, and a bunch of booze and food credits.... so basically free.

oh and FYI - getting a massage in Mexico is like being in a fight and you're not allowed to defend yourself....

SO. After two days we headed out. It was one of the three days on this trip that it was actually cold. Full gear - riding pants, balaclava etc...

Rosarito is right in the middle of fixing all the roads in town.... it was a pretty big mess

the new toll road near the old road

the toll road is awesome. very smooth and empty.

some of the views even here were incredible

we kind of skipped Ensenada..... it was busy and tons of traffic.... and kind of falling apart

and lots of pollution....

right away one could see how this could be dirt bike heaven!!

getting out onto the road - this truck was easily going 70-75+ and had zero interest in letting us pass. It was insane - he was in the middle of the lane, totally hammer down. I slowed way down because there could have been another truck doing the same coming the other way and I did not want to have anything to do with a cataclysm like that...

further on

gorgeous desert

heading into Valley de Trinidad

stoked to be a on real trip

our first road side lunch stop to practice our Spanish...

this place was cool. They were very friendly and nice.... food was good.... check it out!

further on....

down and through our first two military stops to the other side of the peninsula

heading into San Felipe

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote