View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #90
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post

Does the 2013 2.0L have a cam belt, too?
Sorry, I don't know, I'll ask David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZracing View Post
Hi Paul!

I Googled M1K rally, and stumbled onto this forum!

I have been rallying for several years, and wanting to the Mexican 1000 for, well, a long time. This year my (new) car (umm, truck) is finally done and ready to go! Yay! -only took three years!

I live in Idaho. I was just curious, being as you know the logistics of this race, could there be some money saved by teaming up? Maybe we could split the cost of a chase crew. I noticed, for a "rally" there aren't a whole lotta Rally cars. We would be in different classes. I normally run G5; or 2wd open. But, unless we both run the bageezus out of our cars, a 2 man chase crew might just be doable.
PM Sent and post a link to your truck build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southforkspeedster View Post
Wow Paul and Laura, this is cool stuff
Dang, I used to know a guy named southforkspeedster! Nice guy, but always seemed to break his riding buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDuro View Post

Also, if you and David decide to swap the Falconer V-12 into the sube, make sure to get the nitrous-swilling 9.8 liter version and not the wussy 6.5 liter one...
Duh! That's a no-brainer. Now, get your ass down here and start cracking on the paint!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1 View Post
As a Subaru nut AND a Honda SL350 nut I think this is just a great thread. I appreciate the common-sense your mechanic showed while building your stonkin' Subie engine. Does he want to refresh my old 1989 BMW 325is engine? I think your wife is cool for wanting to be your Navigator: keep that gal forever!
Unfortunately, David has made it clear to me that he hates working on European cars almost as much as welder Ray hates working on Japanese cars! Of course, money talks!! His contact information is located in the background of one of the piston photos above
As for my wife, yep, she is a keeper, she's beautiful, wants to rally and she makes more money than me!

oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote