View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #23
garrydymond OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218

We walked around the block the next morning to the secure parking.

We rode up to the hotel to pack. Just before we were about to leave Sara fgound this rather large insect. Damian, the parking attendant, said it was a good omen. He also said his friends called him Satan. I wasn´t sure that Satan would know much about good omens. He said that like us it would travel long distance and fly.

We rode off protected by a bug and Satan´s words.
When we got to El Sanctuary El Rosario there was only 1 horse. Cliff got the horse as he was the oldest.

We walked up the long steep hill. Sara and Daniel flew ahead so maybe Satan was right in their case. I huffed and puffed until I finally got to the top.

When we got to the top the butterflies were not flying as it was to cold. They were hanging in the trees. It was quite a spectacle. The guide let us go a little further into the forest than normal to get a better look.
Although impressive it was not what I remembered from my last visit over 20 years ago.

We then went to Agangeo to find a hotel. We found this very nice sign on the way there. We had wanted to camp but it was really cold and Cliff´s sleeping bag although very large was not very good. We looked for a hotel and at the 3rd try found one that was a reasonable price. $3'00 pesos per room.

We walked up another hill into town and had a very nice meal in the only place in town.

Sara had bought chocalate from Oaxaca for the camping trip she had hoped for. Not wanting to dissappoint her we took out the stove and made it in Cliff´s room.

Cliff and Daniel were in fits of laughter because of the image of the Virgin and Pope JoHn Paul. It looked a little strange as he seemed to have his head buried in her breasts. I tried to explain that it was a miracle but it only made matters worse. Pagans.

garrydymond screwed with this post 12-20-2012 at 06:21 AM
garrydymond is offline   Reply With Quote