View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
garrydymond OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
December 12th was the last day of our epic but short trip. I got up early and walked around the little town. It was a glorious clear morning and nowhere near as cold as the previous night.
Ivonne said there was another sanctuary nearbty that we could visit.

The silly dual sport bikes parked on one side of the grass parking lot. We had to ride a couple of kms of gravel and cross a little bridge to get there.

The mighty, true dirt bike, Boulevard parked by itself.

It turns out that Sierra Chincua reserve was a much nicer place. especially with nice blue skies and sunshine.
At 3.300 metres it is pretty high.

This time Cliff and Ivonne got horses for the ride up.

The 2 soul sisters at the view point at the top. My camera wasn't good enough to take decent pics of the butterflies but they were flying around.

Cliff said it was like something out of Lord of the Rings. Yet another breathtaking sight in 10 days of breathtaking sights.

I was offered a horse to come down on. I was tired my heel was hurting from so much walking and I thought it would be fun. It was but my legs hirt for 2 days after.

Sara was very very happy as were we all.

When we got back to the bikes Cliff had left his key in the bike and the kids there had switched on the ignition and drained the bettery. Luckily our Commonwealth contigent had junpers cables and in no time we were off.
On the way back we met a group of well heeled BMW riders who were out for a ride. Sara and Cliff took pics but I didn't. Nice people and some of them spoke to Cliff and I even though we dont have BMWs.
We rode the long way home from there and arrived around 7:30pm. There was some criticism of my night riding style that we wont get into. We stopped on the way to buy some steaks and arrived home safely.
As you can see in the picture Cliff and I look a lot alike but I have the fanciest bike gear. He may have ridden the better bike though!
We did about 1,300 miles in 10 days. It doesn't sound like much but it was a lot of riding on slow mountain roads. I would have liked to have had more days but we filled the ones we had with a lot of fun.

Daniel and Sara came back to Mexico City with us for a tradational Posada. The party would be tomorrow night so the riding may have finished but the fun certainly hadnt.

garrydymond screwed with this post 12-20-2012 at 03:28 PM
garrydymond is offline   Reply With Quote