View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #28
garrydymond OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
The Final words

I'll let Cliff say the final words. He sent me an e-mail soon after getting back to the UK.
This is what he said, "
Just reflecting on my trip and looked through the photos again last night. What a great time. Thanks for organising things so well it was just perfect. What a great bike to do it all on. Great noise. Great handling (if you remember you are a duck). Great look. I'd never buy one but really could not fault it. Just think of all the stuff it had to cope with when all it wanted to do was sit outside a cafe and look cool.

I really had a wonderful time. The riding in the mountains was brilliant. I will remember looking down on mountains which looked down on other mountains forever. It's difficult to imagine another place where half an hours riding takes you from desert to tropical forest and back to English countryside. Amazing.

The things I will always remember are the times spent with you both and with your family which made me feel so welcome. For the first time and after all these years I realise why you chose to live so far away and in such a different country. It's so different than here and so full of life. Your bond with your family is so close and they clearly all love you to bits."