View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
royal
Don't Follow

Oddometer: 607
Electra Glide Classic owner here. There were many reasons I chose the Electra Glide over the Street Glide. I like the seat height as high as I can get from Harley. The Electra Glide's seat height is slightly higher than the Street Glide's. I'm not that tall (5' 10"), but since Harley's seats are so low to the ground, the higher the better. Also, ground clearance on the Electra Glide is better.

I go on a couple of long distance trips a year and having a top box is crucial. But, even around town, I use it ALL the time. Can't imagine not having it.

To me, the Electra Glide just looks more complete. The Street Glide looks like they didn't finish the bike. Maybe I'm just so used to seeing Harleys with top boxes that I'm biased, but overall, I like the look of the Electra Glide better.

For me, the better question was which of the three models of Electra Glide to go with. In my opinion, the best value was the Classic. I don't like lowers, I would never use the CB and anything else I might want to add doesn't justify the additional price of the Ultra or Limited. I really like my chrome side case protectors and can't figure out why they aren't on the top of the line Limited. I like the look of them and the functionality.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd still buy the Electra Glide Classic. The only other Harley that I would consider is the Road Glide Ultra. Sweet bike. But, in my opinion they ruined the standard Road Glide by slamming the suspension. Had they not done that, it would have been a tough decision between the Electra Glide and the Road Glide.

If I were to ever consider a Harley without a top box, it would be the Road King. Because, in my opinion, the Road King truly embodies what a motorcycle should look like.

And one final point, I spent years on sport touring bikes. And some of them were great motorcycles. But this Electra Glide (Bought it last May) has put the fun back in motorcycling for me. I smile like a little kid every time I ride it. No bike, since I was 12 and riding my Honda 70, has made me smile like that.

royal screwed with this post 12-20-2012 at 04:00 PM Reason: Typo
royal is offline   Reply With Quote