View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #19232
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Loftus, I saw your address on the invoice. I lived three blocks away at the corner of Surrey Cres and Hampton blvd for a couple of years while I attended EVMS. It was right at the slight left hand bend in Hampton Blvd before Bazemore's. We had more than one drunk sailor miss the turn and plow his car across our front yard at 2:00 am on a Saturday night during that time. Being woken up by tractor trailers headed to the docks and vibrating my bed at 0530 twenty feet from my bed is something I don't miss at all. I later bought my first home and moved to the other side of the bridge in Colonial Place. I remember back then (circa 1998) staying up at night before Lynn and I finished grad school, stressed and thinking to myself "how in the heck am I going to pay for this house!? I'm in trouble!" LOL!

Larchmont is a very pretty area. We miss Norfolk, but all of our family and friends (except you) are up here!

It is not a bad area but I could live happily at the compound for quite a long time and never look back.

I grew up on Longwood and Bluestone and had all of ODU as my playground. . Sixty feet fron the ticket booth of Foreman field. Both sets of grands lived five blocks away.....