View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Kokopelli OP
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Piss off jap rider - we don't like your kind around here.
So they came with a ST tank? And you changed it to one like Schmidts? I really like the original ST tanks on them.
The original tank sits on a shelf in the garage. I like the extra range of the larger tank. It's a pretty simple swap. It also makes the bike look a bit beefier.

I need to modify the rack I have for my single seat. The seat also needs to be upholstered. I have bought a seat pan and a foam blank. The rack interferes with a cross member on the subframe. I need to get the tubing flattened on where it crosses over, so that the seat pan can sit on the subframe properly. Then I need to find an upholsterer who is sympathetic to my needs and doesn't mind using a rivet gun.

I might also cave in and buy one of those wind-shields. On longer trips, it will take a little of the wind pressure and make the ride less tiring. I prefer the look with out a shield.

I also have a side stand sitting here that needs to be modified. I want to get rid of the engine guards. They keep smacking into the valve cover. I still think that a piece of knead-it epoxy will help out in a pinch. I also still have a spare cover sitting at home. The one I recently put on has battle scars already. I am still going to have to have another crack up that drive, now that my knee and right thumb no longer hurt.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote