View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #12153
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
Thanks, Miguelito, for the info.
Are you referring to the road between H. del Parral and Creel that looks like it continues on from the end of Mex20?
Is there a RR or vid of that route? And is that the one in the news lately with the roadblock? Still waiting on the arrival of some better maps. I find Google maps tough for planning as there's little detail until you are zoomed in so far there is no sense of scale.
Not sure, but the road block took place about 20 miles or so from Guachochi. I'm assuming the women from Cuahtemoc were traveling south to Parral then west to Guachochi. If they went another way, it would involve taking their new Jetta on a lot of dirt roads. There was a gunfight around Guadalupe y Calvo, (west of parral on rt.24), not long ago and the area is definitely under the influence of cartel(s). I've ridden around those parts in the past few years with no problem. YMMV. My guess, is that since this incident, there is more of a police presence in the area, and it would not be as dangerous to travel there at present, but I'm just guessing really. I would definitely not be riding around after dark here, or just about anywhere in Mexico if for no other reason than the surplus of livestock on the roads. If you had more time, I'd recommend coming down further south and exploring the Sierra Gorda.
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote