View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
foxtrapper OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
There's that ADV Rider SPIRIT !!!

To the op, just get that bike out and ride it!!. Even the stock tires will handle off road duty. Your only limiting factor is the rider.
Chuckle, been tobogganing it around the fields a bit already. Very docile, which is part of why I bought one. In some ways, it's easier to handle in grass than my XL500 with knobbies is.

You should have seen them at the dealership where I got seduced by the Road King. Playing with the various Harleys from an ADV rider perspective. Just standing up on the pegs/boards and such, making sure I could shift and brake that way. Made some eyes bug out. Especially out on the test ride, dancing the bike around while standing up.

Don't argue that the rider is the biggest limiting factor, as well the greatest advantage. Just sniffing around for the tire that has the best balance of pavement & dirt road riding, as opposed to just low noise or interstate highway mileage. Hard to find that info.

Looks like a toss-up between the Dunlop E3, Conti Milestone, Metzler 880, and Michelin Commander II. Just discovered those Michelins, and some of the things I've read make it seem like the dark horse unknown winner. Several very happy postings from guys who've ridden them up through Alaska for example.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote