View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #486
nokiaj
n00b

Oddometer: 15
Dirty/Oil Hair tips :)

Love this thread! I put my hair into one of the neck gaiter/tube/scarf from REI. ( http://www.rei.com/product/831176/ou...be-neck-gaiter ) - It keeps my hair from getting all tangled and flattened in the wrong directions (my hair is fine and straight...did I say my hair is STRAIGHT....like a board - straight)... I slip it on starting from the neck and just pull it around my hair - leaving it long in the back. Then I straighten my hair - smoothing it to a side part (any way will do) - which works best for my hair. Then carefully put on my helmet - pulling each side of the helmet strap away from my head. This helps the helmet go on without repositioning my scarf, and messing up my hair arrangement. I can do a video if this is difficult to understand..

That all being said (corny and possibly confusing)- this scarf seems to provide airflow through my hair - thus it does not get as oily...go figure.. It does work for me and I hope it helps others.

Thanks for the thread! Always looking for other lady riders in the DFW area (hubby is out on the injured list for a while).. Just PM me...(looking to ride to Big Bend/Fort Davis and do a lot of camping)..
'09 KLX 250
nokiaj is offline   Reply With Quote