Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #12161
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post

People are paying attention to that norteno highway murder, but nobody paid any attention to the entire family that was shot and killed south of Veracruz, not far from Tuxtapec that happened just a short while after one rider on this forum passed through there.

Ejecutan a familia en la carretera Tuxtepec, Santa Cruz

ILDEFONSO PACHECO

Tuxtepec, Oax., 20 de Diciembre de 2012.- El pasado martes ejecutaron una pareja sentimental y un menor de edad Ismael Soto, chofer del ex pistolero Andrés Valencia Álvarez del ex tinto líder de la UGOCP, Margarito Montes Parra, cuatro sujetos que viajaban a bordo de un auto compacto de color gris, a la altura del paraje el Zapote pertenece a las Peñitas Veracruz.
MikeMike, are you talking about me? I left Tuxtapec on the 19th, shooting was on the 20th. I seem to be hitting the hot spots this trip - the Creel-Guanchochi road a week before the roadblock and murders there, then just missed out taking this route (from Miguelito "There was a gunfight around Guadalupe y Calvo, (west of parral on rt.24), not long ago and the area is definitely under the influence of cartel(s).") after an old guy at the OXXO, said "solo, no". Now Tuxtepec. And yet I haven't had a moment when I didn't feel safe. Lucky, stupid, or is there really not much the average rider needs to worry about? The way I look at it, your luck might run out one day, but that can happen anywhere anytime...

Oh and PS - this from the Google Translate version;
several shots at Tsuru that was located at the height of the congregation of San Antonio Texas Veracruz.

I nearly stopped there to take a pic of the town name, thought San Antonio Texas was kind of a weird name for a town in Mexico...

dcstrom screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 02:36 PM
dcstrom is offline   Reply With Quote