Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #12164
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
BTW Tricepilot, where do I find "your girl" in Palenque?
Here's a map I just made for you.

The parking area shown on the left is the upper parking area which I've always called the main parking area. It is the parking location closest to the ruins. There is a lower parking area which will bring you in the "back" way to the main plaza, which involves an uphill hike all the way. I recommend the upper parking area which will bring you to the "main" entrance portal to the grand plaza.

Ester is usually to be located selling her artesanias behind The Palace. The dotted blue line is the suggested route from the main (upper) parking lot, past the Temple of the Inscriptions, around The Palace, to the area where you should find her. That spot is depicted by the red circle.

Give me an idea of when you'll be at Palenque and I'll let her know to be on the lookout for you. I'll also verify with her the spot you should find her.

Here is a photo of The Palace with a red arrow pointing behind it to the location I would expect you to find her, and the blue dotted line from the upper parking area. Once you arrive between at the spot between the Temple of the Inscriptions and the The Palace, you'll have to have a pretty good idea of what she looks like, as there are a lot of folks selling artesanias.

Let me know whether or not you have your Spanish down pretty good

tricepilot screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 05:11 PM
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote