View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,614
Spring 2013 Rednek Rendezvous?

JUNE 7-8-9, 2013 At Brighton State Park, VT

A small, intimate group of ADV riders who weren't brought up properly.

GPX Tracks Here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889081

These are the final tracks, up to date as of May 31.

I was waiting for the world to end today. Obviously, it hasn't. So, is anyone up for a Spring 2013 RedNek Rendezvous? I'm thinking of a little different plan this time. It's fairly easy to get space in the Vermont State Parks either on or off season. I was thinking that I'd plan to reserve some space at Brighton State Park in Island Pond, VT for a spring event.

Brighton's a great place. Not only are there tidy shelters, but the place also has some very nice cabins that sleep four, and have reasonably comfy beds. They've recently redone the bath houses. There's plenty of hot water, and the place is very well kept and clean. There's a beach, and a horse shoe (pronounced hoss shoos) pit.

Best of all, it's conveniently located for a variety of riding, from mud and guts to big dual-sport to road machines.

We could avoid some of the difficulties we had this fall (which turned out to be a wonderful event despite the heavy rain) by having the shelters and cabins available. With the group rates, the whole thing would be very economical. There are 23 shelters at Brighton. Each shelter will sleep at least 4 if you're somewhat antisocial, and a lot more than that if you're sociable. I usually pitch my tent inside the shelter for privacy, but if you don't mind sleeping somewhat in the open, you can dispense with bringing a tent. Tent sites are also available, as well as sites that will accommodate camping trailers and RVs.

If we have enough people to qualify for group rates, the park fee would be $5.00 per person per night.

Barbsironbutt has offered to cater at least part of the event in the good style we experienced for the Fall 2012. This would likely include her famous breakfast sandwiches, fruit, and coffee for breakfast, and a tasty one-pot meal with sides for dinner (likely a chili one night.) We'll work out a suggested donation for the chow. Last year, we were able to feed the crew and have a great time doing it for about as much as a single sit-down meal would cost at a reasonable restaurant.

We could either arrange for fire wood through the park system or work with a local contractor to bring a load in.

There's a reasonable amount of food and all sort of beverages available within a mile of the park. I'd hope to see some of the riders from the previous RedNEKS and some new ones. Dates are flexible but would likely be sometime in the last weeks of May or the first weeks of June.

Hope to see you there.

In List:

Canuman
Barbsironbutt
AtlasEXP
Ballics
8GV in spirit only. Beach bum!
ADVRich
Grind
Jackpiner57
akarob
WAP
alcontrast
AndyCap
hammerfer
Big E
tdvt
p_funk
generatordave
MWValley +2 family
oldskiguy
applicant_255
SixtyAte
Racer111v
VTStrom
Devo2002
_kiwi
MATPOC
VTBeemer
zanoza
Gooch
guymanbro
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)

Canuman screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 07:15 AM
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote