View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #5313
G600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesteryeong View Post
I am going to revisit a thread about installing HID on the XR400. I have a set of 35W H/L HID for motorbike. I wish to have it installed. I have a DC voltage regulator. but a, unsure what I need to do to make the HID work. I have a small 12V battery on hand (3.7Ah), large size capacitor (can't recall what is the rating). I tried wiring it up before to the DC regulator and it would die off at idle as I believe the stator could not handle the voltage spiking. Anyone has got success in similar installation?

RideFreak is right of course, but you do not have the US XR400 model. The wiring on the pics is similar to the Euro models maybe you have that one. If so you have a little more power to play with as the Euro models have both DC and AC (extra winding/coils on the stator for DC. The USA models dont have it.)

3.7 Ah battery is not that small, the HID light should not die right away when the bike idles.

As far as I can see from the pics you have wired the light the wrong way. I think you need the green and black wires, but check for polarity.

Aslo if you have been experimenting with the battery, and connected it the wrong way you may have damaged it. Do not assume it is OK when you troubleshoot.

G600 screwed with this post 12-22-2012 at 07:57 AM
G600 is offline   Reply With Quote