View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #11925
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Hi Ladder,
old friend! As far as I know you've got an 'African Alp'. Does that count?
Kindest regards to you, Ladder, with Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year! And so for all of you here!
But I feel with you all out here! Bikes like the Africa Twin and the Suzuki DR 750/800 for example were imported in loads here to Central Europe (including Germany) were you're not allowed to leave the paved road with your bike and have fun in the dirt. And many of you out there all over the world just have to step out of their door to leave the concrete ...
Be assured, the pic Kenyon placed here only shows a very small amount of the assembled Africa Twins at that meeting. I haven't been to that place but there's a lot of these Twins here in Germany. Being a Suzuki-DR-Big-rider, our own annual gathering usually sees about 120 bikes. And not every one of our forum is able to take part ...
Btw, today, I read an interview with Honda's manager for the on-coming Dakar in a German bike-magazin. He said that Honda wants to put their so-gained rallye-experience into a new off-road-tourer with 1.000 cc. Silver-line on the horizon?
Kind regards, Bambi

Bambi screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 05:59 AM
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote