View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #146
tjanson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post

Border crossing was no problem. I fueled up and kept on down the road. Big storm clouds began to appear on the horizon as I snaked my way down Maine Rt.9 toward Bangor. I passed this dude who I'm sure was on ADV. You HAVE to be to wear these kind of colors!

I pulled away from him for a few miles then stopped to put on rain gear. He pulled in and we chatted for 5 min. He just road the TransLab from VT on this thing and was on the final push toward home. Good for you buddy!

I left him a granola bar while he was in the restroom and kept on down the road. There was a big rain storm moving across Maine so I just rode through it and eventually came out the other side when I got off 95 and onto Rt 2 heading west.
Hey that's me! Finding your granola gift on my gloves after I got back to my bike was the best surprise ever!

Good to talk to you there, you were the first real ADVrider type (someone who understands me!) I encountered on my whole Translab trip. Great trip report, makes me want to head back north.....
tjanson is offline   Reply With Quote