Thread: The Way South
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #28
rockymountainoyster OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
SMA Saturday

Sitting in La Terraza Restaurante terraza in San Miguel Allende. It is sunny and a bit cold but a nice place to pass an afternoon in a lovely Mexican city. The street life is busy and joyful. People are passing to and from the cathedral for various ceremonies, there are little girls dressed in what appear to be white first communion dresses, their proud parents well dressed and the children carry little baskets. They are of the age and size of the children in Connecticut and it makes my heart heavy all over again yet I experience the joy of these young children and their families as well. There are a lot of gringos here who know nothing of last week's slaughter of innocents, or of the murders closer to here of four Mennonite women who were killed in a car jacking. I suppose that is the reason some of the expats are here. Just saw the bride... the children were flower girls in her wedding. Life goes on. The world did not end yesterday and the sun has once again begun its inexorable journey north. A couple of giant puppets are walking the plaza. Pix posted above.