View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #1014
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,548
Finally left the Ecolodge this afternoon after cooling off in the pool. Headed south along the shores of Lago Nicaragua with Omotepe in the clouds off in the distance:

I owe this afternoon to rtwpaul's excellent ride report and his beautiful pictures of a beach north of San Juan del Sur and the lovely Matilda's surf camp. I rode through San Juan del Sur and headed north on the coast road. It has a feeling of Hawaii 100 years ago out here riding north under the monkeypod trees:

until the road turns to fast smooth gravel:

stopped for a coke and asked two drunk fishermen for directions and they pointed down the road and said follow the signs to Majagual (ma-ha-hwal):

then it was just a matter of remembering rtwpaul's picture directions to the end of the road and Matildas where I found some other bikes. Sam and Carrie from Michigan are riding this Triumph to South America on their honeymoon:

Here is the cute couple:

Donnie Mackenzie from California is on this GS:

Here's Donnie:

I walked with him down this beach and around the point in the distance:

with kids bodysurfing:

to a pizza place with wifi to upload these photos.

A tip of the helmet to rtwpaul. This place is awesome. 80 cordobas ($3.50) to camp. I might have a hard time leaving this place. Great place to spend Christmas. The border is closed Christmas anyway, so I'll spend a couple three days here I imagine.

I spent 280 cordobas ($12.00) today on food and lodging.

Buenos noches,
Juanito