View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #623
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Christmas riders meet

We seem to be having a Christmas riders meet here at the Moto Cafe

Frank and Tony, two San Francisco riders just arrived and are staying for Christmas. They are two of the guys I met in Cartagena that sailed on the Stahlratte.

Steve is here from BC, Mike from Scotland and myself, so we should have fun tonight.

Alison who also sailed on the Stahlratte should be nearby tomorrow in Medellin, which is about an 8 hour ride from here. She will likely join us soon.

There is another rider, Adam, I believe his name is who is on his way here by bus from Southern Colombia. He had an accident yesterday and collided with a truck. He broke his hand and a bone in his arm I understand and will need surgery and he wanted to get it done in Cali instead of the small town where the crash happened. Mike's wife who is Colombian has been trying to help find out where his bike is, transportation details all that stuff because she of course speaks Spanish.

Adam has just arrived. I spoke with him briefly, before he and Mike took off somewhere in Mike's truck. His arm and hands look pretty messed up but he's alive and kicking. I'll see if he'll let me take some pictures later.

Mike and his wife are wonderful hosts, Mike arranged to get me some tires. The tire guy had what I need in his computer but couldn't find them in his warehouse.He found something very similar. Mike has arranged to have them delivered to me Wednesday morning. he is an awesome guy. I would highly recommend his rental business to anyone who wants to fly to Colombia and ride Motolombia, He has several locations in Colombia and is easily found online. We met his assitant, James yesterday. James is a very entertaining guy, originally from New Hampshire. He has to deliver a BMW GS 1200 rental to Medellin tomorrow. Tough job but somebody has to do it!
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote