View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #94
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by doink1968 View Post
I've got a client who works at a bike building shop near me, and we recently picked up a nearly running (just needs a carb cleaning...) 1994 Savage in surprisingly good shape for $250.... and we gots ta thinkin'

We went looking at the RYCA site, and liked it, but wanted something that felt more vintage. Then I found this photo of one that was built in Britain somewhere, and we both like that one even more!
I photoshopped my own 1969 Suzuki T350 tank onto it and came up with the mock-up photo below...
Ours will have clubman's and no stock battery box or air box at all. Harley Dyna mufflers bolt right on and can be had for pennies. I haven't posted anything because we haven't even started doing anything with it at all, just collected some parts and brainstormed a bit. I'll start a thread once we really have something to show, but just wanted to chime in here.
I think the Savage could be a great power plant for a retro single (I hope so!!) and they can be found cheap all day long, so it's easy to throw a little extra money at them.

Wish us luck!
Cheers...
That bike caught my eye. I thought with a standard riding position it could be about right for me.I like singles.
scootrboi is offline   Reply With Quote