View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #624
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Good Christmas Morning

Merry Christmas from the Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia in beautiful Cali Colombia.

We had a good time last night, a chicken dinner sort of like Kentucky Fried at a place near here and then a few beers at a local bar then we came back to the Hostel and all got together with some of the backpackers that are staying here. I played a little drunken chess with a German traveler and got my butt kicked. All in all it was a very nice night.

The city is very quiet this morning, hardly a car moving. Mike just left to pick up two Americans at the airport who are flying in this morning for a four day ride. He has two brand new KLX450R's for them to ride. He tells me they are desert racers and he's hoping he can keep up.

Here are a few pictures

Mike, the owner of Motolombia and the Casa Blanca Hostel

His nice new KLX450R's

The Casa Blanca, where we are staying

As i said yesterday. I met Adam very briefly before Mike whisked him off to the hospital. When we left for supper they still were not back. When I was walking back to the hostel I was wondering if he was spending Christmas Eve in hospital but...he was back. This is the only picture i took last night. Meet Adam

For a guy that doesn't know where his bike is and is all banged up, he's in very good spirits.He has to wait for 4 days for the swelling to go down before they can operate on him. He has broken bones in his hands and forearms

He says all he can remember is a lot of broken plastic and that he hit a truck, but no detail, then he remembers the hospital. I don't know much more about Adam, the party was in full swing here when I got back. Mike and his wife had provided lots of snacks and everyone had a very good Christmas Eve. I went to bed at midnight and there were a lot that were still partying then.

I highly recommend Motolombia. It's a great spot

Kedgi screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 06:18 AM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote