View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #42
Beastly Adventurer
MJS's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Wherever I go, there I am
Oddometer: 1,912
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to get a temp vehicle import permit AFTER you've been in Baja for awhile. Our plans are a little open ended, but if we don't get the permit upon our border crossing are we screwed?
You can get the permit at the ferry terminal in La Paz. Get your tourist visa when crossing into Baja. That's good for 180 days. Make sure the vehicle is in your name and you have proof of ownership (and notarized permission if there is a lien on the title). One vehicle per person so if you're traveling with a spouse have the bikes titled in separate names or have them both titled in both names.

This has worked for the wife and I in the past. You can get most of the info online.
"You can follow me, but it's gonna hurt"
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote