View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #13
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfox View Post
I want a solution that will take to me to 35 to 40 F for a 15 minute ride. And 50F for a 45 minute ride. If I need to go on a colder or longer ride, then I will get the hippo hands.

I've never used heated grips before, but I would rather be warm in race gloves (with heated grips) than warm in winter gloves because of the bulk. With that said, being warm comes first. Will I be warm enough with the heated grips?

How long can you ride before your fingertips get cold? What kind of gloves are you using?
I wear Revit Comet gloves pretty much year round. Theyre perforated in the fingers for warm weather riding, but my fingertips would get cold even when wearing BMW Winter gloves. My fingertips get cold probably after about 10 minutes of riding on the highway. It's not unbearable though. I rode 3 hours like that on Monday because I didn't like the bulkiness of the heated winter gloves I have. I don't know what kind of bike you have, but mine has handguards that also may help a bit with deflecting cold air over my hands.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote