View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #1807
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Exactly. How many manufacturers include all of that on their models? How many purchasers of $20,000 + motorcycles immediately change the seat, exhaust, and suspension?

I'm not suggesting a $30,000 MOTUS is cheap, but it certainly comes out of the box with a lot of top shelf components. As a point of comparison, my brother's 1200 multi was $27,000 by the time he got done changing the exhaust/fueling, seat, and having the finish on the cases matched to the bike.

But just think how much money he would have saved if he bought a Vulcan 750 how utterly fucking retarded.
If this company is successful enough to survive, at some point they may produce some of that list of components reducing the cost of production and of course the same will occur as they increase production. I'm not sure what their production goals are. Does anyone think they would like to be selling this bike for $20K in five years at 5 times early production numbers? Would they on the other hand prefer to keep numbers low at $30K?
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote