View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #82
xathor
Not actually Gnarly

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftystrat62 View Post
I could see a green line representing the tat in google earth-is that your trip mapped out?
At the time when I made that it was the latest route with all the best information I could find. Tennessee is missing since I plan on starting near Corinth, MS and I am missing a section of East Oklahoma. If you were to import that KML into BaseCamp and send it to your GPS you could follow the route.

If you wanted to share what you have I can add it to the route and redistribute it. I was looking to make a database of alternate routes, an easy visual guide of how the route has changed over the years and a set of waypoints that show users where there are dangers (example the huge sinkhole in Oregon on the route two years ago), where there are gas stations that are open and who has premium fuels (WR250R needs 91 octane), where the best hotel/motel/camping locations are, and where there are sightseeing opportunities just off the trail. I also wanted to collect a database of inmates that live along or near the route for emergencies. I had a lot of idea's to pack this all into a website... I just never got a rountuit.
2008 KTM 450EXC-R (JD Jetted, Wossner, KTM hardparts farkles, AC10's, TT Goodies)
2008 Subaru STi (Cobb Stage 2)
xathor is offline   Reply With Quote