View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #1441
Studly Adventurer
PSchrauber's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Summer: Kemiö, Finland; Winter: North Germany
Oddometer: 870
Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
A good hardchrome shop can match the original size no problem.The only thing they can't repair is a bend.I work in the Hydraulic service ind.Our tolerance for a rod rechrome is .001"

Mmmh ... that is new to me, the company where I have sended my bend and corroded stanchions where able to do both, alingning the tubes, (up to 1/500 in length), and rechroming them.

They can even coat extra hard chrome layers if the scratches are really deep and have harmed the steelbody.


But certainly not a very cheap service arounf two third of the cost of a new pair of stanchions if they are still available.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote