View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #629
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Cali Festival

Yesterday

I went for a walk to the Mall with John a gentleman originally from South Korea who now lives in Sweden, working for Korean Air Cargo, and on the way we passed the local MV Augusta motorcycle dealership

For those of you not familiar with MV Augusta they are an Italian motorcycle company that hand builds very beautiful motorcycles. They are something like the Ferrari of motorcycles. Their bikes are rolling works of art.

The dealer was just unloading two brand new bikes and John and I gave him and his two helpers a hand.

The MV Augusta 675 F3

Huge brakes to rein in 128 hp

Beautiful suspension

Then we unloaded this Brutale

I had to try it for size

I can only imagine what it must be like to ride these in the mountains of Colombia

In the afternoon Steve and I went to a Festival Cali has Dec 26th. There were thousands of horses and 100's of thousands of people. I never really got a good shot of horses there were so many people, 5 and 6 rows deep trying to see them. But the party was awesome. They sell big cans that shoot spray foam and everyone shoots each other with the stuff, there is lots of music, dancing, beer, betting on Guinea Pigs and just plain good fun. We had a ball!

Here is a look at a cool Jeep truck I saw this morning

This guy's been guarding our bikes. He's a wonderful big baby

And finally. This is Romi. She is one of the many friends we made here at the hostel. She's very kind and happy and I love her great Aussie accent. She took Adam to the hospital this morning for his surgery to give him moral support

Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote