View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #24771
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Harley had these back in the 50's. They reduce pull effort but increase pull length. Not to mention additional weight.

If you think the clutch pull is excessive on your Husky, something is wrong.
I say that because the clutch on my 2000 model has a super easy clutch pull, best ever!
Y'all must have a rotten cable, lever in need of cleaning and lube or bad shaft bearing.
That thing must work like a block and tackle. I too have no trouble with clutch pull on the 610. My OEM cable broke at 2k, but the motion pro +2" I replaced it with has been great for 5k+ and I also haven't had any trouble finding -N- ever! I think it's important the cables routed proper (a zip tie) near the lever to keep the cable from bowing helps.

Edit: with the pad and risers I don't have it zip tied anymore. It lines up very nice by itself now. I think like most of us, I too run the cable up through the top bar clamp. I did spend some time fiddling with the bottom cable mount when I installed it, marketing sure it wasn't rubbing on the cable housing. FWIW, don't spend the money on one of those fancy cable lube things. They make as much of a mess as spraying the lube in with a straw. this stuff works good! I use it for almost everything.

1 lunger screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 02:01 PM
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote