View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #3890
rockydrxrvr
Multi Meter Meathead

Oddometer: 152
Well, I'm sold, but timing is off

Went to the Local Honda Dealership, for a test ride, streets still wet and showroom bike was dry. No test rides on ANY dampness visable on our local roads.
With serious checkbook talk, they would have prepped the bike for a 5 mile max test ride as/or their policy dictates.

Impression---Stock seat not too bad, I am 6' 4'', and with hip and back issues, I somewhat felt comfortable the way the stock seat has some rear glut/lumbar backing. If Sargent Seat makes a all day comfort perch, I will put one on in a FedEx minute.

In the cockpit, ah, er....I mean seat, I was sold on the bike on the merits of the LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY, as I rocked the bike from side to side, and best describe it as It had the light weight feeling of a 250 cc moto.

I also liked the seat to tank transition as my knees hugged the tank in a well thought out engineered wedge, as controlling this bike thru the twisties is going to be quite the grin maker.

So as things look now I will be planning on a California Hwy 96 ride to the coast in a New Concept 700 Mode about June1 , as I am already loaded for a 4 month journey by other means.

I like my DR650's midrange punch, so although the test ride is still coming, if this bike is all about low to mid range 'power up' then this rider in his 60's should be quite happy.

Of course anything and life's contingencies could change one's Moto horizions.

DR650
TTr250
ex/ Vstrom 650 & 1000---ex KLR650 ex XR650L
rockydrxrvr is offline   Reply With Quote