View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #109
dave186
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.thepiper View Post
I have always been a car guy and was never really into trucks until recently. Some buddies of mine took me off roading and ever since I've been hooked!

I definitely love the way 9th Gen F250's look. But that's all I really know about them. Sadly, I'm a super newb when it comes to 4x4's. I'm looking to pick up a F250 here soon and I'm going to go look at this guys rig this weekend. Its a 1992 F250 4x4 with the 5.8L V8 manual transmission. Has some sort of lift but idk what. Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for?

Anyone & everyones help is appreciated. One more question, how can I tell which transmission variation it has?

Someone has been doing some stuff with that truck. That is an airbag steering wheel. They didnt come around till 94 and never were put in F250 or bigger. F150 only. Also the badges on the front fenders are the older 87-91 style. Kinda odd little things I noticed from the pictures. If it came with the 5.8 it should be a ZF transmission. No 5.8s came with a M5OD. But given the things I already see swapped around who knows whats in it without seeing it. M5OD has the slave cylinder inside of the bell housing, ZF it is outside. Easiest way tell.
dave186 is offline   Reply With Quote