View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #52
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 879
OK, I wil bite.......

.......My DL650 V-Strom is so boring, it's beautiful.

I put a Scorpion exhaust can on it because I thought, "if it makes some noise, maybe it will be more fun." Big mistake. Now it's a LOUD, boring bike.

After fitting an Elka, triple adjustable shock, Ricor fork "intimators?", .90 Sonic springs in the forks, Pat Walsh crash guards/radiator guard/highway foot peg combo, Sargent seat, Windstrom Manta shield, Madstad bracket, Givi racks, Scott Oiler eSystem, SV Racing frame sliders and spool sliders, new chain and sprockets with "highway gearing", Eastern Beaver headlight mod and headlight switch to shut off one headlight to give me 55 watts more for heated gear, LED tail light, tool tube, Deka AGM battery, PR3 Trail tires, 90 degree valve stems, Pat Walsh air horn, and lots of other little bits, she has become a super comfy, super handling, long distance, 220 miles between fill-ups, boring motorcycle.

She's the opposite of my Ducati Monster and my Honda RC51, and if I had to keep only one motorcycle---it would be the "Wee-Strom" and I would never regret it.

May you all live in interesting times.

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote