Old 12-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #11956
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemacduf View Post
Hola Amigos,
I have not posted in a long time and it is good to be back in touch
I need a set of rear luggage carriers and really like the original ones... I have 2 Africa Twins (2003 RD 07) and ride extensively in South America. I have spent 3 months on the road this year and am presently in Tulua,Colombia. Home is Cuenca ,Ecuador. A trip is planned soon for 2 to 3 months in Brasil.
The luggage carriers give excellent protection to the muffler and rear of the moto. I have made a tool box in stainless steel for the left side and find it excellent for the necessary tools.
Does anyone have a pair of these around I could buy to fit out my second A/T the same way??
Any help much appreciated.
davemacduf
Hello Dave. Sounds like your having a great trip. I'm not familiar with the OEM racks as I have the Touratech racks which I find very robust...almost like a roll cage. Don't know what to suggest other than the Evo-Lock system over at Twisted Throttle. I would like to hear more on your current trip someday...blog?...and then 2-3 months in Brazil....Wow...that retired life is working out well I can see. Ride safe.

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/co...0.152.30000__b