View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #39
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
I have a pair of Sidi Crossfires that have been good for a couple of years. Now I find that my little toes are starting to hurt on the edges after a couple of hours riding.
I've: removed the sole liner thing, walked in them wet all day fencing, cut bits off my toes, tried thinner socks.
No, I need bigger boots.

So my question is, instead of getting another larger sidi crossfire..... they are known on this forum as having a narrow toe box; what is a similar quality boot that has a bigger toe area for flatter feeted fookers like me? Gaeren SG10????

Disregard this. I've spent the past time checking all the threads about this on the internet, and will go for the Gaerne SG12. Mainly because the consensus seems to be that the Gaerne has a slightly wider boot. Also the pictures seem to show that the Gaerne does not have such a big hinge bolt on the inside like the Sidi's.
Also I noted that the Euro/UK sizing, not US seems to fool some people.

I wear Salomon boots size Euro 46&2/3 which is UK 11.5 and US12. So I"m going to get the same size in Gaerne, if they are a little loose, I'll go with hiking (thicker) socks.

FE-Moto.de out of Germany seems to be the cheapest.

Anyone got any input to this before I list my oldies for sale & order some newies?

edit: bugger, SG12s no longer available....????