View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #15298
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I want handguards for my roadie to block the wind and rain. I was prepared to pay for the barkbuster storms, but most places are out of stock from what I've seen.

Is there any reason why I couldn't just order some of the MUCH cheaper moose aluminum handguards with the fat bar mounts and mount them on my tiger? What am I missing here? Why are the barkbuster / touratechs so freaking expensive?

I have the moose setup on my motard CRF 450, so maybe I'll try swapping them over to see...
I'll just add a quick comment. I actually researched the whole hand guard issue at length before I bought my Barkbusters. I couldn't figure out why BB through TwistedThrottle were so much more than buying from BB.

I emailed BB and they spelled it out for me. Basically the Tiger has a different bar contour along with the placement of its controls so all the normal configurations don't match up. BB designed a special set to simply bolt up to the Tiger bars. That's what you're paying for.

I bit the bullet and bought them and it was worth every penny. I also got the bar end weights which are awesome too but did require me to purchase some additional bolts. I'll try to elaborate more later.

p3
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote