View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #520
purpledrake
No Pretensions

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
I was still playing stupid so I couldn't really ask him where to pay. Next time I'm just going to try giving them the sad Gringo look. About the same time they gave me my ticket and told me to go away, another motorcyclists on a R1200GS got pulled over. I asked the rider if he spoke English. He did. He then told me he recognized me from yesterday; apparently he had been eating lunch in the restaurant that I stopped at with Juan David, Daniel, and Rafa. Small world. I asked him what I should do.

"Don't pay it. Just get the hell out of Colombia. They aren't advanced enough to have it in the system by the time you cross into Ecuador."

Okay then. I'm not sure if that's the best advice, but I don't really know what else to do. I guess I'll try and figure it out tomorrow.
Careful, Boys. Don't make a decision that you would later regret.

You said that they saw your passport, right? What do you do several years from now when you visit Colombia again, and they deny you entry at the airport for unpaid fines? Or, sock you with a 10X fine? (....with your wife and children watching....)

Clean conscience, happy days.

PD