View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootTour View Post
Sportcity 250 rider here and I love it as well.

My only issue is the market for windscreens, either to short or to tall and being a bit closer to where the screen would be compared to maxi scooters it is a factor. Oh and it doesnt look like a Triumph Bonneville which is sexy as can be but that is a different subject.

My gut tells me resale isnt going to be great because in all honesty there are a ton of the SC 08-09 models around.

Is it possible to do multi-state tour on it? yes. I havent yet but people here have.
My husband rode our 2008 Sports City from Colorado to California summer 2010. The only issue was the noise at 75+ on the freeway but he didn't have a windscreen. My son has been riding it at university and its his favorite of all the scoots we've owned. My brother's ex-fiancÚ adores her 2009 Sports City with OEM windshield. It topped out about 88 (gps) on I 15 between Vegas and San Diego so get up and go is good.

There are several folks in our Houston riding group that ride Sports City 250s mostly 2009 since the local dealer got quite a few of the NOS last year and they flew out the door. I've not heard of any problems with any of them. I know ours and my brother's fiancÚ have been 100% trouble free.

FWIW, we have used an independent motorcycle mechanic to service the Sports City when it was in Colorado instead of the dealer. It is apparently an easy bike to work on. I don't wrench so I can't say from personal experience.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote