View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
UberKul
UberNoob

Oddometer: 104
It is very hard to beat a Canon point and shoot for out-of-the-camera (JPEG) shots. No fuss no muss and 24mm on the wide end which I think is the most important part. I'm a Nikon DSLR guy who just switched to Panasonic M4/3. The versatility of interchangeable lenses works for me but I still take a P & S on most dirt rides. I recently had to replace a little Nikon P6000 with a LX5 and chose it over the LX7 because the auto lens cap was available for it and not the LX7. The iris style lens covers on most of the P & S cameras jam when they get a little dust and dirt in them. If you do not intend to swap lenses and mostly view your pics on the web I would go with the Canon. If you use the flash often I would go for the Panasonic LX5 or 7 with a small flash gun and/or remote cord. You might have to tweak your shots a little with the Pany though either in camera or post production. If you think this photo itch might get worse later go with the M4/3. Unless you are taking action shots it is a great system to build on.

Just noticed you asked a similar question over a year ago and got up to 6 pages of responses. I bet you can take all those answers, inserting the current model number, and will have the same result with this thread. 'What camera' questions (on any forum) are nearly impossible to answer unless the respondent has tried all the candidates and has similar expectations.

UberKul screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 09:59 PM
UberKul is offline   Reply With Quote