View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #61
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,904
I finished cancer treatment and realized I needed to be having more fun. So I took the MSF course and bought a Harley Heritage Softail. Say what you will about Harley's, but I loved that bike. I rode it all over creation, but kept seeing roads I couldn't go down. I did take it on gravel roads that I had no business being on, but finally realized I needed something else. I bought a Buell Ulysses. It was (a) too tall, and (b) left me by the side of the road three times in the space of two months. And the last time was the last straw since the ECM was back-ordered for six weeks. Bye, bye, Buell. Then I bought a Vstrom and joined Stromtroopers. Which led me here. Which led me to a WR250R.

This place is an amazing community. People are kind and supportive. I've learned a ton about working on bikes. The photography is jaw-dropping at times. The ride reports help me dream of adventures I may never get to take, then again I might. I've made a lot of friends through here. Met my SO through here.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote