Thread: Ohlins Sale
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #43
madpuma13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
I hope I didnt catch this thread too late! Im not very knowledgeable about the suspension system so must rely on suggestion.

I have an 08 gs that is ridden about 85% on road and 15% off road mostly farm roads but sometimes random backwoods trails I find that can become quite jarring sometimes. The serious trail riding is pretty rare like less than 2% of all riding but I dont want to break the shock when I find myself out there and not have the right one.

95% of all riding is done solo me weighing in at around 190 with gear on. The bike will usually have full cases installed. I wouldnt mind if the bike was lowered an inch or thereabouts but not higher. I barely touch the tiptoes of my feet if i dual foot and while I do use one foot most of the time, backing out of a slight incline in a parking space with the balls of your feet is a little annoying.

What would you suggest for my bike? Will an occasional two-up ride be an issue? If it's not too much, let me know the worst all the way through to the absolute best option (besides ESA as I am not about to convert my bike for that).

Thanks a bunch !!
madpuma13 is offline   Reply With Quote