Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #72422
Dkscism
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Go Tigers, Beat LSU!

'88 Clemson Grad.

Now that the important stuff is out of the way, I went through the same decision process a little over a year ago and I think the new price at the time here in Charleston was around $5200 as well but don't know what financing was like. I found a completely stock '09 with about 5000 miles on it 2 hours away from here and paid $3800.

If time is not an issue and you have the ability to travel (couple hundred miles) you can probably find a 1-5 year old DR for $3500-4000. I then spent the difference between new and used price on a seat, windscreen, tires, handlebars, exhaust, carb jet, handguards, gas tank, luggage rack, skid plate, engine armor plates,....you get the point!

If your plans are to leave it realtively stock, why not go new. But if your like the rest of us, buy used and save some money to set it up the way you want.
Wow, nice to meet a fellow tiger on the forum! I really think we can beat LSU as long as Tahj shows up. And thanks for the advice; I have been looking on craigslist for a while but I'm in no rush to buy so hopefully something will come up in a couple months.
Dkscism is offline   Reply With Quote