View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #6711
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there

Oddometer: 450
I haven't heard anyone talk amount the Coleman ATV seat cover on the 690, so I decided to try it out.
For $20, it's pretty good. You can buy it from Walmart or Amazon.com.I have one on my Versys and I really like it. I've done 8,000miles on that seat cover, including one 800mile day. It probably isn't as good as a $300 seat, but this seat cover should hold me over for a while. I stopped caring about getting an aftermarket seat on the Versys.
As with anything seat related, YMMV !

The seat cover has high-density foam in blocks, with empty channels between them. Supposedly this helps circulate air around your butt. The foam is about 1/4 an inch high. The cover will fade in the sun over time and absorb water when wet. Beside that, it has held up just fine on my Versys.

I had to break the buckles off the straps and just tie the seat cover onto the stock seat. One drawback is that under the seat, the straps go tight across, and I think it won't let me put my iphone under there. I like to charge my phone under the seat. So I need to rethink my charging options.
Oh yeah, don't forget to rip the dorky Coleman tag sewn onto the cover.
I hope this helps someone.

thorinoakenshield screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 07:18 PM
thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote