View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #3910
caryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Cayder...interesting that you compared it to a Corolla. That's just what I don't want in a bike. On the road, with the wife, or kids, the Corolla is a fine car. The same qualities that make it a fine car, make for a piss poor motorcycle, IMHO, at least. I'm assuming your bike did not come with ABS? Although this is not a "deal breaker" on it's own, I find it strange that Honda would make such a proven safety feature "unavailable" on a bike with a "standard" transmission? My present bike doesn't have ABS, but my next bike will. Hope you enjoy many safe miles on the 700. Me? If I go with Honda, it'll be the new CB1100! Only available WITH ABS up here in Canada......as it should be.
Lyle
I didn't think I would either. Each day I ride it though, it feels more and more like I found a bike that suits me well. It has plenty of the kind of power you need for commuting and if you compare the power to a XR1200 or sportster it's almost the same but in my opinion is a more rounded do it all bike. Your mileage may vary. :-)

And like I said if I want excitement I have a bored, ported, chambered RD400 sitting next to it in the garage that gets 1/3 the MPG and keeps the mosquitoes at bay.

Chuck
2003 Kawasaki KDX220R
1976 Yamaha RD400C

caryder screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 08:35 PM
caryder is offline   Reply With Quote